Sunday, October 19, 2008

so many ideas

I am loving looking at the different articles and each time I open the book I seem to find the info. I have been thinking about. Today I was looking at the article on YA literature choices as I start to sort through our inventory here at Riverside and look for new ideas.

I really connected with the article about making what we do in the classroom relevant for students. I am considering reworking some of my units this year - more to follow here. I agree that too often I feel like I am active in the classroom and the students are passive. This is in my control to change though and I am looking forward to trying.

1 comment:

Sharon Seslija said...

Welcome Audrey!

I see that you found the posting process to be relatively easy. Just one thing so that we all are on the same page: please post the chapter number and the title to which you are referring. That way, it'll make it easier for us to respond.
I think that we as teachers have always felt that we have to control everything that goes on in the classroom. In one of the blogs I've follow, someone posed the question, "Who owns the learning?" Is it us or is it our students? I think that students have to own the learning - and it's up to us to make it relevant for them. I think that the chapters in this book will outline how to do this. I look forward to the next post.